8 March 2009

My Desert Island Wine

Sorry all, I know I said that I put up my desert wines but I did say only if your good, and I know you have not been good you had that last peace of chocolate when no one was looking I know.

Well here we go, first I too am a bit greedy and can not take just one wine on the Island I will have to have 3 as it a desert island I would have to have a red to go with the wild boar. A white to go with the fish I catch and a desert wine to go with? well to keep me sweet.

There is only one red for me and that is a Pinot Noir and the best Pinot Noir comes from Burgundy; even though the wine from Oregon are come close and that properly because most of the Oregon wine house are owned by Burgundy chateau. After watching the BBC Four program 'Wine' which feacherd the Scotsmen Certainly David Clark who gave up being a F1 race-side engineer to run to make and own a small domain in Burgundy. His wine the 2005 Bourgogne Passetoutgrains, which you can get your hands on from BBR for £13.65 is a great example of what a red Burgundy should be it a wine which in it complexity is so simple with its great black cherry and blackberry flavors well balance with the tannins with the add of little bit of a Gamay give it a rail soft, fresh nature solidity to it.

My white I would have to go to the new world and to a county who don't just play good rugby but also make good wine. New Zealand and the Wither Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2008, £8.54 from Waitrose, is a classic from a bad year in NZ (and the rest of the world) it just what I look for in a Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc with its aromatic citrus fruit with a under tone of passion fruit. A true crisp wine for the land of the long cloud.

My sweetie, no not you, but the wine is not from Sauternes as you may think but Australia. I know many of you wont be fans of the sweet stuff but I hope in a couple of weeks when I write about desert wine I can change your mind but in the mean time give this a try. Three Bridges Botrytis Reserve 2005, £10.99 from Laithwaites. It has a fantastic peach and citrus flavors combines with the honey taste gives it a warming melting flavors in the mouth.

So if I sent to a desert Island and with a couple of case of they s wine don't bother send the rescue plane. Let me know you desert Island wine and what you think of mine down below.

No comments: